In the following you will find a list of social events and excursions offered throughout the week. The conference excursions on Wednesday in the afternoon is for everybody (facultative) and can be booked through the registration platform of the congress. Please note that some of the excursions will take place parallel to the scientific program.
There will be a reception on Monday evening at 7pm in the Salzburg "Residenz" Palace (Residenzplatz 1, 5020 Salzburg) including a concert; for the concert we acknowledge the support of the Stadt Salzburg (represented by the mayor Dr. Heinz Schaden) and of the Land Salzburg (represented by the governor Dr. Wielfried Haslauer). A welcome address will be deliverd by LH-Stv. Dr. Christian Stöckl.
Conference Dinner (Wednesday, 13.09.2017, Festungsgasse 10 at 6.30pm):
The conference dinner on Wednesday evening is included in the conference fee. It will take place at Stieglkeller (Festungsgasse 10, 5020 Salzburg) and starts at 6.30pm.
Public Lecture (Thursday, 14.09.2017, Hellbrunnerstr. 34 at 7.00pm):
A public lecture entitled "Wie wahrscheinlich ist der Zufall?" will be given by Walter Schachermayer on Thursday evening at 7pm. Further information can be found here.
During the whole week the exhibition "Women of Mathematics throughout Europe. A Gallery of portraits" will be presented at the conference venue. The official opening will take place at Monday morning at 11.15am. Click here for further information.
The following excursions taking place on Wednesday afternoon can be booked directly by the registration procedure:
- Tour 1: Salzkammergut, Fuschl, St. Gilgen (boat trip) St. Wolfgang. Price: Euro 40
- Tour 2: Berchtesgaden including a boat trip on Königsee. Price: Euro 50
- Tour 3: City tour including a special tour through the fortress of Salzburg. Price: Euro 40
It is also possible to join the following trips, which have to be booked individually (external):
- Walking Tour Salzburg. Duration: 2 hours. Entree fees are not included. Starts daily at 11:30 am (multilingual). Price: Euro 18 per person. See here for more details.
- Sound of Music Tour. Duration: 4 hours. Starts daily at 09:15 am and at 2:00 pm (only English). Price: Euro 42 per person. See here for more details.
- Lakes and Mountain tour in the Salzkammergut. Duration: 4 hours. Starts daily at 2:00 pm (multilingual). Price: Euro 42 per person. See here for more details.
- Bavarian Mountains tour. Duration 4 hours. Starts daily at 2:00 pm (multilingual). Duration and price for a boat trip are not included. Price: Euro 42 per person. See here for more details.