The opening ceremony takes place in HS 401 (Audimax) on Monday, September 11, 8:45-9:45. The inaugural addresses will be given by:
- Prof. Dr. Clemens Fuchs (Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Oberguggenberger (President of the Austrian Mathematical Society)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Röckner (President of the German Mathematical Society)
Prof. Röckner for the DMV will award an honorary membership to Prof. Dr. Jean-Pierre Bourguignon and the Cantor Medal to Prof. Dr. Gerd Faltings.
- Prof. Dr. Heinrich Schmidinger (Rector of the Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg)
The scientific program starts on Monday, September 11, at 9:45 with the plenary lecture of Martin Hairer (Warwick) entitled Bridging scales.
After the first plenary lecture there will be a coffee break from 10:45 to 11:15. During the coffee break you can have a first look at the exhibition "Women of Mathematics throughout Europe. A gallery of portraits" which will be presented at the conference venue during the week. The official opening of the exhibition will take place in HS 401 (Audimax) at 11:15. Addresses will be given by:
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Kaltenbacher (Vice-President of the Austrian Mathematical Society)
- Mag. Alexandra Schmidt (Frauenbüro der Stadt Salzburg)
- Prof. Dr. Katrin Wendland
After the opening of the exhibition the second plenary lecture entitled Dynamics on the moduli space of abelian differentials will be given by Ursula Hamenstädt (Bonn). This lecture is the Noether Lecture and concludes the Monday morning.